I have been a creative throughout my entire existence. From being an interior architect for most of my adult life, to designing fashion accessories in the sleepless hours of the night, to capturing diverse cultures and environments with an ever present camera in hand.
Photography is my way of visually communicating that what I’m unable to express through words and to explore my own validity, with solitude as the main subject. It is an intensely private journey for me where my own vulnerability is unapologetically exposed.
I am drawn to places and spaces that embrace isolation and a sense of loneliness. A disconnect to other people, to nature, to ourselves. As a recent transplant from Southern Africa to North America, this is more relevant now than at any time in the past. Where I come from and where I find myself now are worlds apart and yet I constantly find similarities and have comparable experiences. My images have evolved over the years as an exploration of my identity and my current state of mind.
It is an ongoing process.
PS. 5 things you will never guess when you meet me:
- I can assemble any Lego building in record time
- I have fixed a leaky toilet a few times in my life
- I am completely besotted with insects
- I suffer from vertigo
- I have worn handcuffs on one occasion….
Selected Group Exhibitions:
Paris, France Composing with Colours
Berlin, Germany Emotional Photography
Strasbourg, France Borders
Cape Town, South Africa Art of Photography
Milano, Italy Best of 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark Minimalism
Vienna, Austria Solo Subjects
Amsterdam, Netherlands Creative Composition
London, United Kingdom Mostly White
Budapest, Hungary Silhouettes & Shadows
Amsterdam, Netherlands Powerful Composition
The Hague, Netherlands My Favourite Shots
Cape Town, South Africa On the Road
New York, USA One self
- 2017 Stanford Nature 1st & 2nd Place
- 2017 International Photography Awards Street Photography Honorable Mention
- 2017 International Photography Awards Fine Art Honorable Mention
- 2018 Getaway Gallery 3rd Place
- Getaway Magazine
- Getaway 30-year Safari book